Quentin "Q" Alldredge (LabVIEW Champion)
|Name||Quentin Alldredge (a.k.a. Q)|
|Certification||Certified LabVIEW Architect|
|Used LabVIEW Since:||LabVIEW 8.0|
|Applications Areas||Aerospace and Defense|
I was born and raised in Utah and have lived in Utah my entire life except for two years where I lived in Bangkok, Thailand, serving a religious mission for my church (1998-2000). I go by "Q" and welcome anyone to call me by that nickname. I got it for both the Star Trek and James Bond references (first by my brothers and second by my coworkers at ATK).
I graduated from Utah State University with my B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 2006. During school I worked for the USUSat Project as the Structures Team Lead. After graduation I worked first at Alliance Tech Systems (ATK) in the Mechanical Test Lab in Promontory Utah. ATK's Promontory site was responsible for casting the Space Shuttle solid rocket boosters among other projects for NASA, the US Air Force, and the US Navy. It was in the Mechanical Test Lab that I was sent to take all of the LabVIEW training so I could create and maintain out data acquisition systems. During this time I became a Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) and then a CLD.
After three and a half years, I left ATK and began working for a contractor at Hill Air Force Base on the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV) for the US Marine Corps (about 2011). It was also during this time I started doing side consulting in LabVIEW development under the business name, "Q Software Innovations".
After about two years on the project I transitioned to become a Civil Servant working directly for the US Air Force on the A-10 aircraft. It was during this time (about 2013) my team got involved with the LabVIEW Center of Excellence pilot program becoming one of the first ones and still the only one in the DoD. This is when I became a Certified LabVIEW Architect and became the Technical Lead of the Hill Air Force Base LabVIEW Center of Excellence.
Next after working several years with A-10 and other projects my team recertified as a LabVIEW Center of Excellence under the global program (2017).
LAVA, NI Discussion Forums
- "QControl Toolkit", LabVIEW Tools Network 2015
- "Seven Things Your Doctor Won't Tell You About LabVIEW Scripting", TOULUG 2017 (forum|slides)
- "N weird tricks you'll want to know when making LabVIEW addons! (and you won't believe number M)", CLD Summit Salt Lake City 2017 (forum|slides)
- "Basics of Debugging LabVIEW", WaFL User Group 2018 (forum|slides)
- "Extensible & Mod UIs: Extend the VI Server With Object-Oriented Techniques", NIWeek 2018 (video|summary|slides)
- CLA-Americas Summit 2018 (forum)
- "These Innovative Tricks for #ProjectRequirements Will Change Your Life", NIWeek 2019 (video|slides)
- Top of Utah LabVIEW User Group (TOULUG)
- Wasatch Front LabVIEW (WaFL) User Group
- Hill AFB LabVIEW User Group