GLA Summit 2020/Making Magic with LabVIEW Community Edition
Making Magic with LabVIEW Community Edition by Quentin "Q" Alldredge
As Arthur C. Clark put forward in his third law, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Come see how I integrated LabVIEW Community Edition, LabVIEW LINX, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, IoT MQTT messaging and some magic to create my version of the Weasley Family Clock from the Harry Potter Books and Movies by J.K. Rowling. This magic clock shows the location of my family as well as tells time.
- YouTube Video of Presentation from Main Stage
- YouTube Video of Presentation from Breakout Session
- YouTube Video showing the final product.
- Slides (wiki)
- LabVIEW Community Edition
- LabVIEW LINX
- Chroot SSH trick
- Proper way to communicate over serial by Tim Robinson
- Q Software Innovations Website
- Instructables Examples:
- MediaMongrels’ DemocracyBot