No idea if the claim that it's available since LV14 is true. I can confirm I see it in LV14 and in LV19. Maybe it had less features before?
- Not sure if and what changed between versions, but this has been around much longer than LV2014. Here is a post from 2005 that mentions this tool and refers to an article "a few years ago". If you are unsure about the exact version, phrase it accordingly (i.e. "at least since LabVIEW 2014."). --Logmanoriginal (talk) 18:52, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
- Searched a bit more and found this. This is from 1999! --Logmanoriginal (talk) 19:03, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
- Okay, so this is the earliest post I could find (from 1995). It mentions LV3.0. Only someone from NI can possibly say if that option was available in earlier versions. --Logmanoriginal (talk) 19:08, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
- Oh wow.. It must've looked completely different back then. --Mefistotelis (talk)
Do we want more technical details somewhere on the wiki?
ie. what are the values of partID I mentioned on the page, or meaning of 51 integers stored in Data Space? That would require explaining a lot of internal concepts, and the need for such details may actually be non-existent..
- FYI, there is a "Add topic" button on top of the page to start a new topic on the discussion page. Please also make sure to sign your contributions on talk pages using "--~~~~" (this will automatically expand your username and timestamp).
- Regarding technical details, there is no limit to the amount of information you can put on LabVIEW Wiki. If you have knowledge you can share, you are invited to do so. For sure there are people who are interested to learn more about the intricate details of LabVIEW. Just make sure to properly mark sections that are assumptions. Use one of the templates to make it easier for readers and editors to see. --Logmanoriginal (talk) 19:21, 30 May 2020 (UTC)