The G# Framework is an add-on toolkit for LabVIEW that adds reference based object-oriented support. It takes advantage of the new data value reference structure in LabVIEW 2009 together with the native classes and will add a full object-oriented support with excellent performance. This is the new generation of object-oriented support that makes LabVIEW as powerful as any object-oriented language.
What Is Unique About G#?
- A common root object for all classes, called G#Object
- Garbage Collector, objects don’t need to be destroyed explicitly
- Interface support, instead of supporting multiple inheritance
- Abstract methods and abstract classes
- Include support to keep objects alive and avoid LabVIEW Garbage collection
- Use native LabVIEW objects in combination with the new data value reference in LabVIEW 2009
- Support for static classes and class attributes
- Named objects with user counter
- Serialization of objects
- G# events that could be traced
- Desktop Trace Execution Toolkit events support
- Powerful debugger option with possibility to probe attributes, log events and also offer an active debug possibility