Messenger Library Messaging Patterns
Messenger Library is intended to support the following patterns:
- Command: simply sending a command message to an Address.
- Request-Reply (blocking): sending a command and then waiting for a specific replay to come back. Also called a "Query".
- Request-Reply Asynchronous: Sending a request with reply address attached to the message, then carrying on with other work before the reply is sent back to us. This is analogous to email.
- Scatter Gather (Blocking or Async): multi-actor versions of Request-Reply. Makes use of Future Tokens.
- Register-Notify: Registration messages request future update "Notifications". See the Observer Registry helper object.